Hays and Stack Overflow Partner
The partnership will allow Hays to provide job opportunities and share employment insights to Stack Overflow’s online community of developers, adding value to developers that are considering a career move.
Steve Weston, Hays Chief Information Officer, said, “We are pleased to be able to announce this partnership and we are especially excited to be helping Stack Overflow’s large community of developers to enhance their careers, by providing them with relevant job opportunities and helpful advice on the employment market.”
Stack Overflow provides developers with the opportunity to learn, share their knowledge and build their careers, and receives more than 50 million visits from programmers each month. According to the recently released Global Developer Hiring Landscape Report, over 90% of developers are employed at least part-time, while 22% changed jobs between one and two years ago, highlighting the demand for the profession and its significance towards driving the future of the global economy.
Sean Bave, General Manager and Vice President, Stack Overflow Talent commented: “The tech recruitment market is experiencing unprecedented growth, as more and more businesses start to realize the value the developer workforce can bring to their bottom line. It’s imperative for us to continue supporting developers in their career development, while helping connect them to recruiters and HR specialists. This is why we are excited to have Hays joining our partner network and we’re looking forward to what we can achieve together’’.
Hays Media Contacts
Content and Marketing Lead
416 640 8091
Stack Overflow Media Contacts
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2017 the Group employed 10,800 staff operating from 256 offices in 33 markets across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2017:
– the Group reported net fees of £954.6 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £211.5 million;
– the Group placed around 70,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 240,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 49% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 27% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following markets: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mainland China, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online developer community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.