New York City Football Club and Hays Expand Partnership as Club Looks Toward Future
As Official Recruitment Partner, Hays has been pivotal to NYCFC since the Club’s inaugural season in 2015 and has proved instrumental in helping to bring a brand-new soccer franchise to New York City. Together, NYCFC and Hays have developed a truly integrated partnership, with a strong understanding of the synergies between the world of work and elite sport.
Last season, Hays and NYCFC co-created a five-part YouTube series featuring Chief Infrastructure Officer, Jon Stemp. The mini-series highlights the importance of building high performing teams by attracting skilled and expert professionals and proved to be a useful tool and platform given the strength and depth of Hays’ construction and property divisions.
As an industry leader who works with thousands of job seekers and employers every day, Hays has recruited several senior NYCFC employees during the past three years, as well as staff for sister Club and 2018 English Premier League Champions, Manchester City FC.
With the partnership entering a new chapter, Hays will continue to deliver best-in-class services to NYCFC, continuing to strengthen the Club’s front office by securing the best talent for its future, and offering their expertise as NYCFC look to source professionals for the build of its new stadium.
NYCFC President, Jon Patricof, commented:
“We are pleased to extend our partnership with Hays. They are a world class organization and trusted partner. We have seen first-hand their successful track record of attracting talent and knowledge.
“Hays has been integral in helping build NYCFC from scratch by ensuring we have the best people in place to build a successful team on and off the pitch. As we continue to strengthen and grow NYCFC, we are confident in having Hays by our side and it’s exciting to see what more we will do together.”
Sholto Douglas Home, Hays Chief Marketing Officer, said:
“Our partnership with NYCFC has two important dimensions. First, we really value the opportunity to support the Club around their professional talent needs, which has seen Hays place personnel who have become integral to building a successful soccer club. And second, we are excited to explore the parallels between an elite-level sport and the world of professional work, which has enabled us to produce valuable insights and observations for our client and candidate communities.”
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2017 the Group employed 10,800 staff operating from 256 offices in 33 markets across 20 specialisms.
For the year ended 30 June 2017:
- the Group reported net fees of £954.6 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £211.5 million;
- the Group placed around 70,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 240,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 49% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 27% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following markets: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mainland China, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA