Case Study: 29 IT Technicians Placed Nationwide
The story: Completing a nationwide hardware and Windows refresh
- A $7.6 billion global integrator with offices worldwide specializing in high-tech transactional services, unified communications, cloud, big data and cyber security services and work with dozens of end customers that outsource much of their IT portfolio. In October 2019 this global integrator engaged Hays exclusively to help them hire a national travelling team to upgrade equipment at car rental service desks across all U.S. airports.
The challenge: Placing candidates across the nation
- Hays had to ensure the project was delivered on time and within budget. Since all major U.S. airports had to be serviced, the project was national in scope and workers would have to be deployed across the country. The client entrusted Hays to decide how to form these teams.
- 29 temporary workers required, including: Leads, Technicians, and Project Coordinators
- Project completion by mid-December (high urgency to deliver)
The solution: National scope with a local approach
- Hays opted to hire smaller, strategically located, regional teams instead of a national team. This reduced the overall travel for each individual worker and contributed to the success on several fronts:
- Candidates were attracted to limited (regional) travel to a designated region as opposed to the entire country. This geographical focus meant the worker would have a better work life balance.
- Leveraged the Hays network of 1 million contacts in our database and 300,000 followers on LinkedIn in the U.S. to identify suitable candidates in each region.
- Sourced candidates from locations with lower market rates and fewer employment restrictions (avoiding regions with stricter labor laws such as California), which allowed us to deliver cost savings to the client and streamline the compliance process.
- 24 resources placed, grouped into 8 regional teams, consisting of a Tech Lead and two Technicians
- 5 Project Coordinators placed to support the logistics of the project locations, timelines and hardware coordination
- The project was delivered successfully and on time. Feedback we received from our client was very positive.
50+ Candidates Interviewed
8 Regional Jobs
29 Jobs Filled
TALK TO HAYS
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP
I'm interested in Enterprise Solutions from Hays
Today's solutions lay the foundation for pursuing tomorrow's opportunities. Aided by technology and automation, we make managing complex talent needs simpler and easier.Discover how
Need new recruits? Look no further
Whether you’re seeking short-notice contractors or permanent employees, we have candidates in our databases that are sure to fit the bill.