Software Engineer – Contract - Milwaukee, WI/Hybrid - $56.00-$66.00/hr.
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI/Hybrid.
A Senior IT support position for Software and Test R&D teams to provide development system administration, R&D network administration, and creation and maintenance of Azure DevOps pipelines used in the development of medical device software. The ideal candidate will carry a strong understanding of Active Directory domain configurations, Wireless and wired networking, Code Signing certificate management, and DevOps tools including the functionality for architecting and structuring repositories, automatic builds, integration of automated testing, analysis tools, and report generation. This position will require the documentation of designs, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
• Provide administration for critical software development tools that reside outside of IT responsibility.
• Provide network administration activities for R&D network domain server used for development and test.
• Coordinate closely with developers and IT representatives to ensure proper design and deployment of engineering network to provide a consistent development and test infrastructure.
• Manage code signing certificates and aid in the signing of compiled resultants.
• Aid in managing vSphere VM infrastructure used for software development.
• Take point in establishing R&D network and development systems within new office location.
• In this role, you will use your expertise to manage build systems and design software for innovative medical equipment. These tasks may include:
• Utilizing your DevOps understanding to architect storage repositories, create build pipelines, and utilize automated testing and code analysis tools for software systems
• Working cross functionally to understand user needs for new and existing products.
• Providing support with technical expertise across different medical products for new software features or functions.
• Strong documentation skills to support documentation of the design and interface for software.
• Implement new features and functions on these products.
• Troubleshooting activities.
• On development teams, you will play an important part in designing and implementing portions of software and builds for new devices or applications, assisting with determining project schedules, and in supporting the engineering team technically with your expertise.
• Responsible for software related documentation generation and will also perform work breakdown and detailed estimates for tasks.
• Work with other developers and DevOps professionals to identify new methodologies, processes, or tools associated with development pipelining.
• Leads and coach team members.
• Owns and drives continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT Administration, Engineering discipline or equivalent is required.
• 3+ years’ experience in a Network Administration, DevOps, IT, or Engineering role required.
• Demonstrated success in delivering results on technical challenges required.
• Understanding of code signing certificates is desired.
• Experience with VMWare and vSphere Virtual Machines in an R&D environment desired.
• Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure desired.
• Experience with any Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Azure CLI or Batch files desired
• C++, C#, Python, Java, Cyber Security background, and medical device development experiences desired.
• Good understanding of Healthcare domain (regulations and standards) and Medical software development process is desired.
• Experience with Active Directory domain administration including group policies and certificate authorities is desired.
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.