Security Analyst – Contract – Atlanta, GA – $40.00-$50.00/hr.
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Security Analyst in Atlanta, GA.
• Responsible for analyzing the information security environment and assisting with the development of security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
• Work with management, development personnel, risk staff, auditors, facilities, and security department personnel to identify and implement security plans to ensure that all information assets are appropriately safeguarded, including software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
• Determine methods of implementing and enforcing security policies.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of user trust and confidence in the group’s knowledge of and concern for security of systems, while working on multiple network security projects.
Skills & Requirements
• Lead development of information security technology tasks and projects.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
• Generate, coordinate, and maintain of project plans.
• Develops cost analysis estimates for information security tasks and projects.
• Keep project plans updated as required.
• Interact with customers as required by project objectives.
• Understanding of business process as it relates to information security.
• Define, redesign, and document security processes and procedures.
• Coordinate the development and delivery of awareness for information security.
• Work with resource owners to determine appropriate security policies for securable resources.
• Consult with IT staff to evaluate, select, install, and configure hardware and software systems that provide appropriate security functions.
• Assist resource owners in understanding and responding to security failures/problems.
• Assist in determining cause of security related events and identify potential security related events.
• Communicate to appropriate personnel on normal and exception processing of security authorization requests and/or breaches.
• Assist with documentation of security policies; maintain resource classification, may be required to present on security status, project status, and security training to management and IT personnel as needed.
• Assist in proactively protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information in the custody of or processed by the company.
• Consult with business units to ensure selection and use of realistic enforcement mechanisms.
• Aid in review of security policies and auditing of logs.
• Assist in developing and maintaining effective disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures.
• Assist in Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved information security research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved information security technology.
• Train information owners in the implementation of necessary computer security controls.
• 2–6 years’ experience required.
• BS/BA degree with three (3) or more years of relevant experience in related field or any combination or equivalent.
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.