Managing Engineer Role | NYC Consulting Engineering | Building Automation | Hybrid
Your new company
This Manhattan based engineering firm is leading the way in the building automation space. You will be working with a team of seasoned experts who are passionate about helping clients streamline their building management systems by maximizing energy efficiency and lowering energy costs. The core of the business is simple, customers come first.
Your new role
As a Managing Engineer you will play a pivotal role in leading a team of sales engineers, providing guidance and support, to drive sales growth and customer satisfaction. This leadership role combines technical expertise with project management skills, overseeing complex projects in the building automation space.
- Team leadership and mentorship experience
- Oversee complex Projects from inception to completion
- Identify and engage with potential clients.
- Build and nurture relationships with prospects, understanding their unique energy optimization requirements, and offering tailored BMS solutions.
- Collaborate closely with the technical team to design and customize BMS solutions that align with client needs and goals.
- Prepare and deliver persuasive sales proposals, quotations, and contract negotiations in a timely manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to clients throughout the sales process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- *Care About People*
- Team Leadership experience
- Proven experience in sales engineering or technical sales roles, preferably in the building automation or energy management industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with clients and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver persuasive presentations and effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and target-oriented mindset with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including technical experts and project managers.
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Degree - Related field, a plus
What you'll get in return
- 130k-150k Plus Competitive Bonus Structure
- Medical Package-Dental and Vision
- 401K Plan
- Professional development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role reach out to me directly at 718 540 7907 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.