Jr. Network Engineer – Permanent – Suffolk, VA / Hybrid - 1 day/ Week – $75000-$ 85,000
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Jr. Network Engineer in Suffolk, VA / Hybrid.
• Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco Routing and Switching environment.
• Support Cisco SD-WAN (formerly Viptela) network.
• Support of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense devices.
• Utilize Network Automation using the Ansible and DNA Center orchestration platforms.
• Successfully interact with and troubleshoot the Cisco Identity Services Engine suite that is used for organization authentication and identity verification.
• Maintain a basic understanding of the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
• Maintain, configure, and setup network security through standard, best-practice configuration.
• Modifies and maintains network design and architecture to ensure compliance.
• May take on role of project leader for projects as needed.
• Assist Network Administrators and Service Desk with resolving network challenges.
• Utilize network management applications to respond to circuit outages and underlying issues.
• Support QoS through monitoring tools and best-practice troubleshooting.
• Collaborate with other teams on designated projects.
• Setup and configure basic routing and switching environments.
• Configure and support basic wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
• Maintain a basic understanding of LAN and WAN technologies.
• Maintain multi-site network, voice, and associated security operations
• Troubleshoot malfunctions of network, voice, or security hardware and software applications, to resolve operational issues and restore services
• Track project work and tasks using the currently-accepted workflow system
• Participate in engineering on-call schedule
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager
• Obey all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Skills & Requirements
• Minimum 3-5 years IT experience in a variety of technologies including: devices, network, servers, and storage
• Current CCNA or CCNP Certification (with Enterprise Routing and Switching Competencies)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Federal Holidays and PTO
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.