Engineer II – Contract – Deerfield, IL - $30.00-$40.00/hr
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking an Engineer II in Deerfield, IL.
This role will be responsible for reviewing and updating the drawings and specification for purchased parts using a list of criteria required for the drawings. They will collaborate with quality, sourcing, suppliers, etc. to ensure that these updates will maintain or improve current quality standards.
• Remediate drawings and specifications for purchased parts and identify the critical aspects of the part, including listing NTRL requirements
• Identify and remediation mechanical parts for quality improvements
• Update mechanical CAD drawings to implement corrections, add dimensions, inspection requirements, process details, etc.
• Align with sourcing and suppliers on changes made
• Support creation of receiving inspection documentation
• Document justification for changes to drawings
• Creation of engineering change request documentation
• Review assembly and identify critical dimensions
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years’ experience in mechanical engineering or equivalent (with Bachelor's degree) or 7+ years' experience with Associate's degree
• CAD experience (CREO preferred)
• Experience with change control in a medical device company
• Prior SAP experience preferred (including DIRs, BOMs, Material Masters and ECRs)
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.