VMS - IT Project Manager– Contract – Celebration, FL / Hybrid – $74.00-$81.00/hr.
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a VMS - IT Project Manager in Celebration, FL / Hybrid.
• Will provide project management support to our Crew Applications Technology team, dealing with shipboard and shoreside applications
• Projects will range from existing efforts pertaining to our Crew App through to new build oversight.
• Tasked with leading and delivering configurations, data load, testing of inter-connected applications, deployment planning / coordination / tri-age to pre-production, deployment planning / coordination / tri-age to production, creation & testing of automic jobs (automated job scheduler), etc
Skills & Requirements
• BA or experience
• 5 years of strong PM experience
• Strong project management background (project planning, budget management, direction setting & leadership)
• Understands the software development life cycle and up to speed on the latest flavors of agile methodologies
• Understand the product-centric delivery approach
• Familiar operating within a Tech & Digital organization, working on technology initiatives
• Solid communicator; ability to be detailed or concise based on audience or desirable outcome
• Exhibits adaptable / flexible styles of leadership - A self-starter / go-getter, able to anticipate the needs of their project / leader(s)
• Able to find comfort with ambiguous objectives, where the end-state may not always be apparent
• Ability to partner with external leadership to understand their project needs, establishing a solid working relationship
• Working knowledge of the maritime industry or Disney would be a benefit.
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.