Systems Support Engineer – Permanent – Dania Beach, FL/Hybrid – $90,000-$100,000
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Systems Support Engineer in Dania Beach, FL/Hybrid.
As a Systems Administrator, you will provide support for IT infrastructure services hosted on Microsoft Windows Servers running in a VMware vSphere environment in multiple data centers, as well as services hosted in Microsoft Azure. Success in this role requires a broad understanding of hardware and software technology, the ability to communicate with users and stakeholders of all skill levels, a love of technology, and the desire to continuously improve customers’ experience of IT. This position will also play a key role in the decisions pertaining to the designing, planning, documenting, and implementing of new technologies into existing systems and infrastructure.
• Assists with upgrades, maintenance, migrations, decommissioning, optimizations, and new implementations. Identifies areas to improve infrastructure efficiency and end-user experience.
• Writes scripts, and templates, and customizes applications to continuously improve functionality.
• Act as the escalation resource for tickets fielded by National and Regional Tier 1 support teams for issues encountered on physical and virtual Microsoft Windows servers, desktops, VMware, Azure, Office 365, and third-party applications.
• Takes ownership of escalated tickets while working with vendors and cross-functional teams to drive issues to resolution.
• Deploys applications and updates to desktops using software deployment tools.
• Flexible with the aptitude to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical deadlines.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and system documentation.
• Perform IT training for new IT staff as required.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Hybrid (2 in / 3 out)
Skills & Requirements
• 4+ years of Systems Engineering experience in various technology environments
• Must possess experience supporting Microsoft Windows servers in a VMware environment
• Must possess experience supporting O365, acting as the escalation resource for tickets fielded by various teams for issues encountered on physical and virtual Microsoft Windows servers
• Must possess proficiency in PowerShell scripting (inclusive of writing automation scripts from scratch and updating preexisting code)
• Must possess experience managing Active Directory (inclusive of managing group policies, provisioning, user access/removal, etc.)
• Must possess experience supporting SQL servers and database technologies
• Possess experience supporting servers in a Cloud environment (inclusive of migrations from legacy servers to cloud)
PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.