Software Engineer II – Permanent – Miami, FL / Irving, TX – $ 110000.00-$ 120000.00
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer II in Miami, FL / Irving, TX.
• Research and Exploration: Help conduct research on emerging technologies, trends, and industry developments to understand their potential applications and implications within the organization.
• Proof of Concept (PoC)/Prototype Development: Collaborate with the team to design and develop PoCs, validating the feasibility and potential impact of emerging technologies in specific use cases across Lennar.
• Coding and Development: Assist in coding and development tasks, working with senior engineers to implement innovative solutions using emerging technologies.
• Testing and Quality Assurance: Support the testing and quality assurance processes to ensure that developed solutions meet desired requirements and functionality.
• Documentation: Contribute to documenting project progress, codebase, technical specifications, and user guides to facilitate knowledge sharing within the team and organization.
• Collaborative Problem Solving: Engage in collaborative problem-solving sessions, brainstorming and contributing ideas for technical challenges and exploring innovative approaches.
• Learning and Skill Development: Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry trends through continuous learning, training, and self-study.
• Communication and Reporting: Effectively communicate project status, challenges, and achievements to the team and relevant stakeholders, promoting transparency and collaboration.
• Adaptation and Flexibility: Adapt quickly to changing requirements, priorities, and emerging technologies, embracing a flexible and agile mindset.
Skills & Requirements
• 2-5 years of Full-Stack Software Engineering experience in various environments
• 1+ years of coding experience in React.js and Node.js
• 1+ years of experience developing in a Cloud environment (Azure preferred, open to AWS or GCP)
• Possess strong understanding of fundamental software development concepts (i.e. data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming)
• Possess proficiency in one or more programming languages commonly used in software development (i.e. Java, Scala, or Go)
• Possess proficiency in one or more programming languages in emerging technology development (i.e. Solidity, Python, or R)
• Possess experience in designing, consuming, and building RESTful APIs
• Possess experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and ability to design efficient database schemas and write complex queries
• Previous experience or exposure to emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, OpenAI, AR/VR, or Internet of Things (IoT) a plus
• Relevant Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.