Software Engineer 2 w/ Java and Testing Mindset – CTP – Richmond, VA – $45.00-$50.00/hr.
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience, as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer 2 w/ Java and Testing Mindset in Richmond, VA.
The Software Engineer II role reports into the various IT Delivery Hubs at a company. They will work to solve complex business problems through innovative and modern frameworks and technologies. They will share their passion for marrying data with emerging technologies to create modern solutions that drive the business forward. They will also collaborate with business units, technical teams, and the internal and external engineering community to grow themselves and others through experimentation in new technologies and practices.
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and maintain applications and interfaces across a full stack of technologies, leading to the availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions.
• Collaborate with business partners, architecture, infrastructure, and development teams to deliver solutions that drive value.
• Demonstrate a growth mindset to stay current on the latest technologies, tools, and techniques, drive transformation and mentor other software engineers, and participate in internal and external technology communities.
• Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
• Regular attendance is required.
• This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all abilities necessary to always perform the job due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform all other duties as assigned.
• Employees are expected and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• 3+ years of experience in open-source frameworks (i.e., Spring Boot, Bootstrap, Angular, React, Node.js)
• 3+ years of experience in Rest API development and technologies (i.e., Confluent Kafka, KSQL, Kong, JSON, Swagger)
• 2+ years of experience in stateless design and containerization (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
• 3+ years of experience in Relational and NoSQL databases (i.e., SQL Server, Mongo)
• Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure preferred.
• 6+ years of experience in software engineering
• Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures, and Code of Conduct
• Must be able to interact well with others.
• Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting.
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support from resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff to ensure inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.