Security Engineer – Contract – Burbank, CA, Seattle, WA, Orlando, FL/ Hybrid – $75.00-$85.00/hr.
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Security Engineer, Cyber Risk Assessments in Burbank, CA, Seattle, WA, Orlando, FL/ Hybrid.
This candidate is responsible for evaluating and assessing the risk of various deployment scenarios (e.g., on-prem, cloud, hybrid), services, models, and technology to ensure they are secure and compliant across the Company. This role is highly versatile and technical and requires broad exposure and experience across security and risk management, asset security, security architecture and engineering, communications and network security, identity and access management, security assessment and testing, security operations, and software development security. While familiarity and
experience with various security tools prevalent in today’s information technology enterprise are highly beneficial, this role requires candidates to think critically and holistically about cybersecurity risk.
• Provides situation-based support, using in-depth knowledge of industry technology, controls, and policies to ensure system designs align with security requirements and industry best practices.
• Creates, reviews, and presents security architecture reviews and cybersecurity risk assessments to the team (peers), executive leadership, and customers.
• Executes advanced risk and threat analysis activities, leveraging learnings from external and internal cyber trends and incidents.
• Develops and documents technical solutions that meet specifications and impact future developments (e.g., process flows, requirements documents, data flows, mapping to controls).
• Identifies, selects, develops, and documents architecture artifacts (reference architectures, standards, policies, reusable designs, best practices).
• Researches, learns, and evaluates new technologies.
• Leads discussions, assessments, tracking, and overall reporting of technology security risks.
• Documents issues, solutions, and status of assigned work.
• Understands business drivers and processes to evaluate risk and recommend solutions with a balanced result.
• Promotes awareness of applicable security policies and standards.
• Assists with the maintenance of metrics and scorecards in support of the information security Program.
Skills & Requirements
• BA or equivalent experience
• 2 or more senior Information Security or cloud certifications:
• CISSP, CCSP, GIAC, Security+, AWS Certified Public Cloud Architect, MCSE cloud, VMWare VCP6 cloud, EMCCA cloud computing Architect
• Risk assessment experience- 5-8 years
• Compliance background, pen testing folks have done well but need to understand it's not hands on- 5-8 years
• Excellent comms - writing reports, working with different teams/people
• IT background (cyber security or cyber risk management)- 5-8 years
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.