Cyber Security Architect – Contract – Atlanta, GA - $91.00-$102.00/hr.
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our client is seeking a Cyber Security Architect in Atlanta, GA.
The Cloud IR Consultant is responsible for maturing the organization's monitoring and response capabilities around Microsoft Sentinel and the various Microsoft Defender Products.
Objective is to bring advanced external expertise to the organization to mature our SOC's cloud capabilities.
The role will also deliver specific deliverables including, but not limited to:
• Alert Review and Prioritization
• Alert Runbook Development
• Alert Automation Analysis
• Onboarding of Defender Alerts (e.g. Defender for Cloud)
• Cloud Containment & Eradication
• Alert Tuning
Skills & Requirements
• Extensive hands-on experience conducting cyber alert analysis in Microsoft Azure, Sentinel, and Defender products
• Strong ability to express their skills and knowledge in both verbal and written forms.
• Experience developing high-quality deliverables about deep technical concepts.
• Conduct cyber investigations for escalated and challenging computer security incidents.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of use cases for recurring investigation/incident triggers in support of the 24/7 Cybersecurity Threat Operations and Cybersecurity Threat Management program.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of playbooks used in response for investigation/incident triggers in support of 24/7 Cybersecurity Threat Operations and Cybersecurity Threat Management program.
• Interface with other teams in Information Security (e.g. network operations, Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) ), vulnerability management) along with information and liability risk officers and technology management to help guide cyber security investigations and incidents.
• Identify new threat tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber threat actors.
• Proactively engage in threat hunting activities to proactively search for threats in the enterprise environment.
• Experience working in cloud environments, namely Microsoft Azure
• Industry certifications in general technology and security (e.g. Network+, Security+, CySA+, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft Security Operations Analyst Associate etc.)
• Industry certifications in cyber forensics and incident response, such as GIAC Cloud Security Essentials Certification (GCLD), GIAC Cloud Threat Detection (GCTD), GIAC Cloud Security Automation (GCSA), GIAC Cloud Forensics Responder (GCFR), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), and other related credentials
• Demonstrated technical leadership experience
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.