Are you an experienced and highly organized Project Engineer with experience in commercial construction?
Project Engineer for Premier Commercial Builder
The Project Engineer assists the Superintendents and Project Managers in field work support, estimating, procurement, preparing reports, subcontracts, and providing overall support in every aspect of each project. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Project Engineer experience working for commercial builder is required
- Construction/Civil Engineering, Architecture or Project Management degrees preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office, Bluebeam, and Procore Demonstrate flexibility and is adaptable to change
- Excellent working knowledge of construction procedures, building systems and tools
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Knowledgeable at reading plans, shop drawings and specifications
- Excellent math and computer skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with workers and trades.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates
- Review plans and other technical documents
- Answer questions regarding the scope and/or timing of the project
- Monitor costs and project progress
- Maintain control of all project documentation
- Create, manage and track RFI’s from the field to the architect/engineer of record
- Maintain/update project records
- Assist the project manager/superintendent in creating and distributing the project schedule
- Assist project team with conflict resolution between owner, contractor and subcontractor
- Turn in submittals from subcontractors to A/E for approval
- Assist project manager/owner in getting building permits for the project
- Create site SWPPP book and apply for state and local SWPPP permits/NOI’s for the project
- Understand appropriate building codes/ regulations
- Coordinate project change-order management, creation and negotiation
- Conduct and document weekly project owner’s meetings/decisions
- Assist the project team with site safety documentation and coordination
- Assist the project team with closeout of the project
- Assist project accountant with monthly subcontractor billings and pay applications
- Assist project manager with assigned tasks.
To apply, please submit your resume and project list
outlining your relevant commercial project management experience.