DC based General Contractor seeking to hire a Project Coordinator
Your new company:
I am representing a highly successful, 30+ year established general contractor based in DC that are looking to hire a Project Coordinator. A Commercial General Contractor that is looking to hire a Project Coordinator with 2+ years’ experience of Construction experience, either with a subcontractor or general contractor. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to work alongside construction industry experts and gain hands on knowledge side to side. The position comes with a generous salary and benefit offerings, as well as the career path into a project manager.
Your new role:
As a Project Coordinator you will provide administrative support to 2 highly experienced project managers who as a team are working on the delivery of fast paced construction projects. Working closely alongside and reporting into Project Managers, you will receive daily mentorship and on the job learning.
The critical, daily responsibilities this position entails are project administration, logging meeting minutes, project reporting, document control, project billing and invoicing and coordinating jurisdictional approvals.
This position is office based but will include some job site visits and engagement with clients and vendors.
If in the coming years you are looking to advance your career into project management, this organization have a career path available on the understanding you can perform to the standards required for this project coordinator position.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 2+ years’ experience working as a construction project coordinator, construction administrator or construction project engineer.
- 2+ years of working for a construction company. This could be a general contractor, subcontractor or real estate company.
- This is a fast-paced position so you will need to be able to multi-task and be an excellent communicator and able to work with different personalities and levels of seniority within an organization.
- A degree qualified would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Excel. Any construction software such as Procore is a bonus.
- Position is based in DC and with a requirement of being in-person 5 days a week.
Salary, Bonus and Benefit Highlights:
- Competitive base salary up to $75k depending on skill set.
- Attractive project and company bonus plan.
- Comprehensive, company paid Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401k retirement savings plan.
- Free parking in DC, can be used anytime including weekends.
- Starting 2 weeks of PTO plus 10 federal holidays.
- Genuine career path to a Project Engineer position as you develop your skills.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this Project Coordinator position working for a DC based general contractor, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Scott Kinson now on 2024700641. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.